Wedding Supplier Directory

Wedding Information
Wedding Countdown
Wedding Roles
Wedding Traditions

Church Ceremonies Go Back to Previous Page Search this site

Marriage in a Church of England Church

You must either live in the parish, or be on the Church Electoral Roll and obviously you must get the permission of the Vicar. If he agrees to marry you he will arrange for the Banns to be called on three Sundays before the day of your ceremony or for a common licence to be issued. You may get married by banns or by a Superintendent Registrar's Certificate for which you need to visit the Register Office.

Other Churches, Chapels or Religious Buildings

You may marry in any of these in the Registration District in which you live. Obviously you must obtain the permission of the Minister, Priest etc and you must give notice of your intention to marry in your local Register Office. The Church or religious building in question must normally be in the registration district where you or your partner live It will also be necessary for both of you to give formal notice of your marriage to the superintendent registrar of the district(s) where you live. A registrar may also need to be booked from the Register Office in order to register the marriage.


  © UK Brides 2012 | Disclaimer | Web Design | Contact | Advertise | About | Add |